The days of ISPs serving as policy document libraries are no more. Now ISPs require cyber security measures to stave off attacks and protect business information. Advances in security systems engineering are making this practice surprisingly simple. Consider these factors before implementing your formal ISP:
- 1. Perform a needs assessment. Evaluate your organization’s purpose for your ISP. Which regulatory bodies do you need to comply with? What online threats is your organization most vulnerable to? Which hardware, software, and cloud information assets do you need to protect? Compare your needs with your current security program to determine your current needs. Always focus on maintaining a policy that supports and protects your future business strategy as well as the status quo.
- 2. Compare resources. Reach out to third party companies who offer the solutions you require. Compare solutions with your needs assessment and take this time to learn about protections you may not have considered. The professionals at Exceptional Software Strategies can direct you to comprehensive solutions to support your ISP now and into the future. Call us today to get started.
- 3. Implement a documentation routine. Thoroughly document your ISP and add as much detail as possible. Run comprehensive reports each quarter that include the scope of each program solution, who is responsible for running and evaluating reports, program value at both a detailed and high-level, and action items.
- 4. Develop an incident recovery plan. Understand the communications procedures, assign roles, and create a plan of action. Run through a drill regularly.
- 5. Train staff. Prepare a trained team of staff members who know and understand the current threat landscape to oversee security controls. These individuals will be your organization’s first line of defense. Teach all employees safe online practices and who to contact in the event of an emergency.
- 6. Audit and evolve. Reevaluate your ISP regularly to minimize risk, improve solution performance, and protect your information assets.
For more information about developing a comprehensive ISP with custom-designed security systems engineering solutions delivering highly functional performance and protection, contact Exceptional Software Strategies.